Album Artwork Design

by 01:19 2 comments
My group and I made our ideas of our album artwork each. and annotated it, mainly because it was a rough sketch and 3 out of the 4 of us are not artists.

My idea relates mainly to the music video however it has a girl in it, suggesting that there may be love songs on the album and similar sounding music that had an earthy feel to it.

 




My sketch of the album artwork
 I like the overall idea of the tenet and the shadow creating two people in a tent however, I am not very happy with the way I wrote the titles as I think it would look more edgy/ indie rather than having bubble writing. This will however come along when we edit the photo.

The genre conventions I have used within my artwork design is that fact that their faces are not shown, there for showing they are not about being recognized/ famous. it is set in the woods so there isn't a glamorous setting, showing that they're all about the music.

Why my target audience would like this design:
I think my target audience would be drawn to my design as they are at an age where love is an element and they would be drawn to the image of a boy and girl kissing in a tent

This was Sasha's Idea:
It is a crown on a bed of leaves, this has a link to the name (Nothing to Kings) as well as tying in our leaves (studio) idea.

This was Fran's Idea:

I think this sketch is absolutely amazing. She has chosen a different focus for the album cover which is Ashen (our lead singer). With an element of the woods in it, to tie in the music video as well. As much as I love this cover, I think that either the whole band should be on the cover, or no one at all. From all the different album artwork's that we have looked at, from the indie rock genre, most of them do not have the band members on the cover, and if they do the whole band is on it. This is to mainly adhere to the stereotypical view that Indie Rock bands are all about the music and there is no one who is really the leading member.


Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

2 comments:

  1. Great use of photos. Excellent design, and use of reflecting and explaining your choices. To develop however you need to address the genre conventions you have used , as well as why your target audience would like this design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing post.If anyone is searching for violin classes in Nagpur,then XFactor Nagpur is the best option for you.For more details,contact XFactor Nagpur.

    ReplyDelete